Paradoxa: A Guide to Decoding Exercise
A downloadable book
PARADOXA COMPANION DICE GAME has been released!
Find it here: Paradoxa Companion Dice Game
Print copies of Paradoxa now available here: Paradoxa in print
Doxa: the official and unacknowledged systems of meaning by which we know culture.
Paradoxa: a neutral, non-committal, and open way of perceiving, reading, or experiencing that exists outside of common systems of culture and thinking.
What is PARADOXA?
Paradoxa is a system and tool agnostic lens intended to simplify the process of understanding exercise-based movement.
Fitness is a confusing and overly complicated industry, and Paradoxa offers a simple, clear set of principles readers can use to evaluate exercises, modalities, and tools to better serve their wants and needs.
Quite simply: Paradoxa is a ruleset for exercise, heavily influenced by game design. It is a free, open source resource that has been hacked from a huge variety of influences, from within the exercise and fitness world and without - there are methods culled from Olympic weightlifting, dance, gymnastics, physical rehabilitation, olde time strongman, and more.
What’s in PARADOXA?
- Simplified explanations of common exercise cultures and terminology
- The Principles of Intentional Movement: a set of guiding principles that streamline the process of physical training
- The Elements of Movement: a series of variables that can be manipulated easily to adapt exercises for individual goals and needs.
- In-depth breakdowns of how to structure exercise sessions and programs
- Tables for understanding major movement patterns, effort rating, and training effects
- A guide to common exercise equipment
- Case studies to help contextualize information
Future Print Run & Expansions
Paradoxa has been printed! Find copies here: Paradoxa in print
Paradoxa is intended to be a simple, accessible way to interact with exercise and movement. I hope to release future expansions on the idea with drills, games, tool-specific iterations, and more. It is also intended to be a collaborative project, so different interpretations of the idea are welcome.
Art and Design
- Layout and design: Goblin Archives
- Art: JN Butler licensed under CCLA 0.3 (cover, pg 12, pg. 13)
- Art: Nate Treme - Highland Paranormal Society (pg. 2) © 2022
- Art: Perplexing Ruins (pg. 59 & back cover) © 2022
Sign up for my newsletter for updates, tips, and more
In order to download this book you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $8 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this book at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Accessibility isn't limited just to information.
If you are financially unable to pay for a copy of Paradoxa, you can download a free community copy. If you do, please leave a 5 star rating.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.